Why Man Up Rum? Because I can!
Man Up rum 55% is the FIRST and ONLY unblended Navy Style / overproof #rum produced in South Africa. Man Up rum 55% is an authentic overproof rum personally produced by Johan Prinsloo, the owner of South Africa based Prins Distilleries (Pty)Ltd.
We may not claim that Man Up rum 55% is the finest #rum in the world. We may not have awards for being the best #rum in the world, but by making it the way a real #rum should be made, Man Up rum 55% is a Tribute to the best #rum in the World. Man Up rum 55% is enjoyed by people who appreciate the value and superb taste of real batch distilled, unblended overproof rum — bacause they can.
What makes Man Up Rum different?
Man Up rum 55% is distinguished from most other rums, not just because of its surprisingly wonderful taste, not just because it is the first single batch, hand-crafted, wood-fire pot-stilled Navy Style / overproof #rum ever produced in South Africa, not just because it is a pure, organic #rum, and not just because it is an unblended, unflavoured, uncoloured and unfiltered #rum, but because –
Man Up rum's recipe was formulated with the assistance of a South African scientist at the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), who did his PhD on molasses, to produce the best #rum we possibly can;
- We use unrefined molasses, imported from Zambia, to ensure that we start off with a whole, full flavoured, base product;
- It is aged in virgin oak*; and
- It is bottled at 55% to retain as many of the oils and rich flavours as possible;
"Make the best product you can and sell it at the lowest price that you can afford."
~ Bez Bezuidenhout
People who drink Man Up rum 55% also believe what we believe:
- We believe that our #rum must be unblended, bottled from the still, after aging, without filtration, pure and unadulterated, without any colourants, flavourants, flavour enhancers or added sugars.
- We believe that patience is a core ingredient of #rum making. Man Up rum 55% is made from pure molasses and we wait patiently for the wash to complete the natural fermentation process.
- We believe that what comes from the still is what you get, batch by batch, not blended.
- Each batch is hand distilled in small batches, by direct flame, from pure molasses, aged in virgin oak and directly bottled at 55% alc./vol.
- Each batch is bottled separately, to ensure that each batch is actually a new #rum in its own right.
- We choose value and quality over quantity.
- If you also believe what we believe, you deserve Man Up rum 55%.
The History Behind South Africa's Man Up Rum
Prins Distilleries was founded by its CEO, Johan P.C. Prinsloo.
Being exclusively a #rum drinker himself, he set out to make a real #rum, a pure, unblended, unadulterated #rum.
It was not an easy task. Everything inside the distillery was made by himself with his own hands. All the welding, all the steel work, all the wood work were done by himself without help, because he can.
To this day Man Up rum 55% is made by him personally, which is why the distillery can only produce a limited number of bottles of Man Up rum per month.
He makes the washes himself, he personally does the distilling to make sure that everything is done according to his standards and his formula. Besides doing all the hard labour, he also does all the bottling, labeling, shipping and administration of Man Up rum himself.
He set out to make the best #rum he could at a price most can afford. Tasting a real #rum, like Man Up rum 55%, sets a new standard in the taste buds.
Man Up rum 55% is hand-crafted by #rum lovers for discerning #rum lovers who know what they want at a price most people can afford.
Buy this original single age #rum made for connoisseurs now, Because You Can!
- Liquors at Erasmusrand Blue Bottle Platinum
- The Islands Tops - Hartbeespoort next to Pecanwood Estate
- Montana Liquors - Corner of 6th Road and Veronica Montana
- Lynnwood Liquors Blue Bottle
- Blue Bottle Irene Liquor Store
- Man Up rum 55% is exported internationally at just $30.00 per 750ml bottle *if bought directly from Prins Distilleries..